Have a gown you are just not in love with? Want to add your own flair or make changes? Whether you have a gown that was gifted to you, handed down from a family member, purchased for a great deal at a sample sale, etc., bring it in! we can make any kind of changes to the gown. We can add and subtract just about anything! Belts, overskirts, sleeves, layers, lace, appliques, crinoline, tulle, fringe, crystals and beadwork, you name it, we can design it for your gown. Bring your gown from drab to fab! Example – we had a bride who inherited her mother’s bridal gown from 1981, a white, lace gunnysack. Once it was cleaned, we removed the skirt and added a custom made stretch satin, sweetheart bodice, using the original and new fabric. The skirt was converted into an overskirt with a side front slit. Pictures are coming soon!
Process for a redesign. Allow ~4 months before the wedding
• Design Consult – bring your gown and ideas in. Together we will create! Starting with the bride in the dress, we will pair different elements and samples over the gown, so the bride can start to see the changes take form. Once determined, the design will be sketched and a price quote given. Once the 50% deposit is placed, the measurements will be taken and the fabric will be ordered.
• Muslin – 2 weeks after the measurements are taken. This might not be necessary for all redesign gowns. This will be required if determined during the consultation
• 1st Fitting – A month after the muslin or a month after deposit is made, you will see your dream start to take form. You will try the gown back on with the changes/additions made. Here we can adjust anything, if needed
• 2nd Fitting – A month later, this should be the final fitting with all changes completed.
• Big Reveal – 2 weeks to a month later, This is your time to shine. Invite your choice of guests for champagne and mini desserts. Share your moment and we will do everything to make it as special as you are!